Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

8-8-08


Here are some more photos and some details of the actual day. The bridesmaids wore two different colored dresses from J. Crew. The groomsmen wore khakis, blazers and matching ties. I made them all bouttoniers out of fake limes, blackberries and bees. The were then renamed "fruitoniers". The flowers were done by my mother's cousin from England. Most of the flowers were picked from our friends backyard; we saved a ton on the flowers and then were sooo beautiful. My dress was a tea length ivory dress from David's Bridal. I bought the blue petticoat from a square dancing website and adjusted it to a better length. The shoes are Calvin Klein and currently my favorites. The ceremony and reception were both at Highfield Hall in Falmouth, Ma. The officiant (Erik's brother) did an incredible. We had 2 readings, one from the Velveteen Rabbit and one from Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I loved them both. During dinner we had some really moving speeches from my maid of honor, Katherine, Erik's brother Randy, my father and Erik's father. After this we had a toast at 8pm on our 8/8/08 day. Hee. We then moved into the ballroom for an incredible night of dancing. The band was none other than the Steve Atwood band, who's lead guitarist is none other than my dad. Great classic rock that no one wanted to stop dancing to. Instead of a cake we had cupcakes with a topper of 2 people fighting a dragon. It was a great time and I can't believe it's over! You can see more photos at this website that our friend Brent made for us. There are some photos of our pizza/trivia rehearsal night, and the brunch the following day. Enjoy!

0 comments