Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ups and Downs


What an interesting few days we've had... Thursday was an auspicious day for me. I went to look at 5 houses and fell in love with one. Fell so hard that I had Erik leave work to come look at it. Before we knew it, we were signing an offer. While flying to Boston for a wedding, we found out that our offer was accepted. Very thrilling indeed. Today I spent 3 hours with the inspector, learning all about termites, asbestos popcorn ceilings, and houses that move... Later in the day, I attempted to drive to the Palo Alto Public Library to return my DVDs only to then have the shock of breaking down on a busy road. A bit of a downer after the excitement of the morning. While I'm nervous about the car, I'm also a wee bit distressed about the fact that I will not be returning Foyles War back to the library until after the due date. Perhaps this is my way of avoiding the real stresses. Well, I suppose we do what we can...

0 comments