Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Counting Down


As we have only a few weeks left here, I decided to go back to the first photos I took when we arrived. These were taken on my first and second days here. It's so strange to think back to how I felt in those times; I was like a deer in headlights. I was trying so hard to be strong and look at my time here as an exciting experience, but in those first few days (and months) I felt so lost and so alone. Erik was at work all the time and I didn't know what to do with myself. With no phone or internet to reach out to family and friends, I spent my time walking around, taking photographs. I feel like I've come such a long way, although this happens with any new move or change, I had different struggles here. I remember walking into the grocery store, practically on the verge of tears because I couldn't figure out where the salt was, or what it looked like. Now, of course, I would simply ask someone, but back then, I could barely find my voice in all of the newness. For the next fews weeks I'll be bringing back photos from the last year and a half (which is also convenient with my, um, camera in the toilet incident, ahem...)

0 comments