Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Packing and Playing


I find that when I pack, I often get distracted by, oh, I don't know, a certain pair of shoes or skirt that I haven't seen in a while. I can only imagine how long this packing will take me. We've been laying low recently. Erik has been going into work some days and working from home others. Even though we aren't leaving for a couple more weeks, I had my last day today at the graphics job, and tomorrow will go into the archive to say goodbye. It's been very strange here, I wake up and run straight to the television and switch on the news. It's so surreal that the war is so close to us here, yet, feels so far away. Although, last night we were reading books in bed and a siren began to go off. I'm sure it was a test, but we both jumped up and looked at each other, as if: What do we do?. After that, I laid our shoes, sweatshirts, and passports by the door in case it happened again. One should always be prepared.

2 comments

Joaninha said...

Chilling thoughts Zoe, glad to hear you're going back to the States. Will you be going back to your fashion job also? Must tell you that your blog has left me craving for yellow and blue shoes, pink shoes... It really lifts my mood. Thank you. Joana

Blogger said...

Just received a cheque for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn taking paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys.