Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Haifa Trip


Our Haifa trip was a lot of fun. We arrived around lunch time on Friday and had a great lunch at a restuarant with a view of the whole city.

It was quite surreal to look across the bright blue water and see up to the rest of Israel and then Lebanon. The next day one of Erik's employees and his family kindly showed us around.
We went to an Arab village...

Ate some sweets...

Saw Erik's next car...

We drove through dirt roads surrounded by small Arab villages. Having stopped by some very old olive trees, our friends ( who had brought a camping stove with them), made tea for us from herbs they found. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Just sitting, chatting, with no other people in sight, just a herd of goats making their way over the hills.

4 comments

Anonymous said...

IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL THERE!!!
I can't wait to come visit!!
I want to eat all of the food off your blog...mmm....hummus...
or is it hummous? more like yummus!!

zoe said...

Come!!!! there are also lots of stray cats!! and cheese!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you ate at Renne!
I'm de-lurking to say Hi, Hagit of Crafty Musings told me about your blog and I'm really enjoying it so far.
Haifa is my home town, it's so interesting to see it through different eyes.. and the rest of Israel along with it. Thanks for the experience :)

zoe said...

Hi!! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I loved Haifa. I definately want to go back again.