Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baking and Packing


I made beer bread last night. I love making beer bread because...well... it's just so easy. This one had black olives and sunflower seeds. We are leaving early tomorrow for our trip up north. We're going to stop off at a few wineries on the way, so it'll be an early start for us. There's something fun about packing for a trip... even if it's one night. Although...I'm realizing that if I could go back in time 4 months ago and knock on the door of 2343 Clipper Street, I would say to the Zoe in the past, " you know Zoe... as much as i also love that sequined top, and that silk dress, and heck, even that lace-y cardigan-y thing that you haven't worn in a year... I doubt you'll be needing them in Israel. In fact... I don't think you'll need THREE winter coats...but hey... it's up to you..."


I probably wouldn't have listened to my future self anyway, and would still be stuck with this closet full of clothes that are lovely to look at (and believe me, i actually do sit and stare at them...) Don't get me wrong... i love my clothes... i may even have an unhealthy obsession with them that come the day I have children, they may have competition...



I just don't know how much I'll be wearing it all. Oh well...
In other news.... the HOT (hee hee) guy came today and installed cable!!! TV!!!! (I hope this doesn't put an end to my closet gazing..)

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.. beer bread. It's the only thing I can bake that I know will come out perfect every time. Complete instant gratification :)

My aunt lives in Meriden, CT, and that's where we spent the new year. Right now I'm in Rhode Island, going back to CT in a few days. I didn't know that's where you're from!

zoe said...

Ha!! yes, I'm from Guilford,CT. How funny!