Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Family


This morning I was driving to the grocery store and 2 radio stations were playing Leonard Cohen... and i thought... hmm that's weird... I then later realized that today is his birthday. Listening to him made me think of my family, we all like Leonard Cohen and listen to him when we're all home. That brought me to thinking about how incredibly lucky I am to have the family that I do. They are the bestest. And each one is a best friend. When I was working in San Francisco they flew out to visit me. I got a call from Konrad saying he was one block away... and as i was walking downstairs, Sheila and Len phoned to say that they were also a block away in the other direction. As I got outside I looked left and saw Sheila and Len, I looked right and saw Konrad. It was raining and we all had umbrellas. We ran to each other in a massive hug. Sheila remarked how it was just like the scene in Zadie Smith's On Beauty when the kids all run into each other. That moment was the best birthday present.

0 comments