Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Forever in My Heart...


I've kind of forgotten about Forever 21. Perhaps because I'm so far away, or perhaps because I realized I own so many pieces from there that are unwearable... You know, the dress that you bought because it was so cute, but when you tried it on again at home, it was a tad too short, or fit weird... I mostly have the 'too-short' problem. I think I'm realizing that a person my age can't always get away with dresses made for someone 10 years her junior. Not that I'm against wearing short skirts when you're older and have the body to do so. (side note, I watched the end of What's Love Got to Do With It, what an amazing story, I love Tina Turner... and that Angela Bassett...Holy arm muscles...wow.) But for me personally, I feel like I want clothes that look good on me, not just on the hanger. This may sound obvious to most people, but I'm only starting to get it now... But! as I blabber and blobber, I do like these dresses from Forever 21, and since I do own a couple of things from there that I do love and always elicit the " Oh my god! Really? Forever 12??!", I am not giving up on them yet... I'll give them a couple more years....

0 comments