Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fun Trip 2007!!!


I would have written Fun Trip '07, but after an awkward incident involving ordering 100 hats with 04' printed on them... I'm now never sure where that darn apostrophe goes.... Anyway, we leave tomorrow afternoon for Amsterdoodle!!! I'm so excited! I love going to places that I've never been to before. You just don't know what to expect, and photos can only do so much. We'll be celebrating Erik's birthday on Sunday, and then on Tuesday flying to London. Hurray!! I will probably have to stock up on Christmas things for home... a Christmas pudding perhaps?  (yuck) I love Christmas at our house, despite my parents being in the states for, oh I don't know, maybe thirty something years, our Christmas still always feel British. Crackers, pudding, Christmas cake, sausage rolls, Yorkshire pudding, boxing day. This year I won't be home for actual Christmas day. (I'll be in warm South Carolina with the future in-laws) So we will pretend to have Christmas afterwards when I get to Connecticut. My family doesn't know this yet, so if they are planning to celebrate on the actual day... they'll have to do it twice... and I'll expect Santa to make a delivery to my stocking. Is it weird that I'm 30, Konrad's 28 and we still have stockings? hmmmm
oh! also, we just found out that while we're in Amsterdam, Sinterklaas arrives!!! I believe he is the Dutch version of Santa Claus. If we were there on December 5th, I'd put my shoes by the fire place for him to fill with presents and sweets. This Sunday, he arrives in Amsterdam on a horse and shakes hands with the Mayor (Yes, I will be watching). The excitement is building...

0 comments