Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Trip


On Thursday I returned from my all-around-Israel trip with our guests, Pelle and Denise from Portland.
We drove down to Eilat and stopped off at Mizpe Ramon Crater for some views.



We then continued down to a very cold Eilat.


Pelle and Denise went on a couple of dives... I stayed in and read my book...After my last experience, I wasn't ready to try diving for a while.



And of course... the sun came out as we were leaving...piddles...


We then drove up to Masada. It was so amazing.




We then had falafel by the dead sea. It was cold, so we didn't go in, which was dissapointing. Next time... But it was incredible to look at. The way the lighting was, there was no visible horizon and everything was this surreal pale aqua color. Very Matthew Barney.



From there we then drove to Jerusalem. We arrived in the evening and walked around before an early night.





We stayed right in the Old City. I had a balcony in my room with fascinating views. I was also right next to a mosque and was woken up really early by the call to prayer.



We spent the next day seeing the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, an amazing experience indeed.



We ended with the Dome of the Rock before driving back home to Herzliya. It was very fun, interesting, and a bit exhausting. Thank you Denise and Pelle for letting me join you on your adventures!

0 comments