Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

And We're Back


And so good it feels to be back here, in this space. Ok so let's start with the Purim party. Purim is a Jewish holiday that on it's most superficial level is a bit like Halloween in that everyone dresses up. But beyond that there is a very interesting historical story which I will let you find out on your own. Our Hebrew teacher told us on Sunday and one thing she emphasized was that you get drunk. Huh? Erik and I looked at each other confused, yet kind of intrigued.... hmmmm we can do that? Apparently you get drunk and forget what is right and wrong... sounds like my single years in New York...

Anyway....so the party was very fun, they had some performers come... and then all of a sudden a man came out with a box and pulled out a snake....
Everyone jumped and I thought, Oh PLEASE.... it's OBVIOUSLY a FAKE snake... Erik's boss, somehow had made a deal with MR Snake Man to make me kiss it....Whatevs.... I can do that.... it's fake....

.... No Prob... but then...no...Uh Oh... it wasn't fake.... but I had to be brave.

So while in New York I may have hooked up with guys that I met at bars...Purim made me make out with a reptile that I KNOW will never call me again... go figure...

0 comments