Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rosy Sandals


I just saw these amazing sandals on Oh Happy Day, available at Piperlime. They may quite possibly be the best sandals I have seen... in a long time. I don't say 'ever' because I HAVE in fact seen better... but it's a sad story... you won't be interested...ok, alright fine, I'll tell you. So in 1999 or 2000, I was living in London and had taken a trip to New York to visit my friend Dana. She brought me to this amazing store on 5th ave and 16th street... Yes, you guessed it... my first trip to an Anthropologie. I walked around, baffled by not only the items in the store, but also the prices... I had just graduated college and was new to this world of inflated prices for the sake of beauty and packaging... My eyes then fell on the most perfect pair of sandals I had ever seen... They had dark wooden soles with a hand painted flower on them and on the strap in between the toes was a perfect leather rose. I think that the straps may have even been leather leaves... see I was so amazed I've now forgotton...Anyway... there was no price, so I went up to the counter and asked... ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS.... holy crap... for flip flops?!?! But hmmm well they were so nice... but so much money!!!.... but so one-of a kind!...but I should be saving my money!....but my feet would look so great!...alas, I did not buy them. And that my children was the one and only biggest shopping regret I have ever made in my life. So the lesson I have learned is that if you see the perfect sandal, buy them... and with that, and the impending birthday coming this week, I just may order these... we'll see...

0 comments