Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

We Love Hats!


Yesterday I spent the morning organizing the hats in the archive. Such fun! My favorites were the 1940s and 1950s. Also the funny 1960s...especially the swim caps... I have a few vintage hats in Connecticut and have asked Sheila to put them somewhere safe for me. I think at the moment they are in the front hall closet for impromptu photo shoots before a guest leaves (Mellman, I believe I have evidence of you wearing the powder blue wedding cake hat...). These are all from the Vintage Hat Box website. Although the photos take a bit of time to come up, it's worth it to see the fun headpieces. Vintage hats can do so much for a look, but take a lot of guts to pull off. I'm reminded of an episode of Sex and The City when Carrie and Burger are fighting because she was making fun of the fact that the main charactor in his novel was wearing a scrunchi. She's wearing an adorable mini pillbox-like hat, and while they are fighting, the only retort Burger can come up with is, "Nice Hat". Try not to get in a fight while wearing one... but... Let's Bring Back the Hat!

0 comments