Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

THE trip...again..


Ok, so here are some phototoes! We drove north of our apartment to Akko, it's maybe 20 or 30 minutes north of Haifa. It's one of the oldest ports in the world.


Beautiful water against old ruins...we had a perfectly perfect birthday lunch.... and as usual, ordered waaay too much. oops.

After the food and then buying our coral and shells, we continued driving north to the most northern point, at the Lebanon border.

There we went down a cable car and into these amazing grottos in the rock.

Dark caves with bright turquoise water and the sound of bats... so amazing.

The border...

And yes... I wore my favorite shoes, which are, by the way, Steve Madden from about a year ago (I know, I was surprised myself when I first found them, which then started a love affair between me and the shoe company, but that's for another time...) These babies hiked though slippery cliffs and looked amazing while they did.

Then, as if the day couldn't get any better, we arrived at the zimmer (cabin) that erik had booked for the night. It was absolutely perfect. The place was INCREDIBLE! Apparently a lot of Israeli couples go there to propose... I almost gave the ring back to erik to have him re-ask me here... but my original proposal was pretty awesome... Ok getting off track...
this was the view we had...

In the distance you can see the sea, and yes, that is a hot tub on our own private deck...

There was also a flat screen tv with cable... we watched and were amazed by the Animal Planet.... what an awesome channel. and..wait for it... a massage chair. So basically out time was spent pushing the other one out of the massage chair and going in and out of the hot tub. It was the best. I went to bed pretty early and fell into the most perfect sleep on a bed that felt like marshmallows.... then in the middle of the night, I heard what sounded like 20 drunk people saying "wooo!!! Wooo!!!" I thought... that's weird... I mean, we're in the middle of nowhere.... there can't even be 20 people around here and why are they out screaming on a wednesday night, and why isn't anyone YELLING at them!?!! So then I got up, and listened more... no ha!, these were not drunk people celebrating, they were WILD ANIMALS!! I'm not sure if they were coyotes, or maybe foxes? ( I have to ask Sheila, she always knows the answers to things like this). I tried to wake up erik, but he was fast asleep.
Ok, so next morning, i jumped out of bed at 7 to maximize my time there. I loved it, it was so peaceful, and I never say that about places, I leave that to the people who wear birkenstocks and drink herbal tea, I prefer to be in places that stress me out. But this place was truly great. Until, the incident... Similiar to an experience I had in the Philippines when I was 15..... I picked up my swimming skirt off of the counter and out flew an enormous centipede thing... it landed on the floor and I SCREAMED. Then, as if on cue, a lizard then jolted into the bathroom.... was he trying to save me??? and I knew no one would believe me, so when the nasty multi-legged creature ran up the wall, I took a photo.
Gross, right?? (it was about 5 inches long)

But then breakfast arrived, and I forgot all about the yucky insect...

We then began our trip back home with some vineyard stops on the way.

We then stopped for lunch at a restaurant with amazing views...

and shoes....

and then a perfect sunset drive home...

I've decided that with the year 31, I want to wear great shoes everyday... we'll see if this lasts into the summer with our 100 degree weather that only calls for reef flip flops.... but for now, my marc jacobs, erik and I are going out for sushi.

0 comments