Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So Sad...


I just found out this morning (how did I not hear sooner?!) that my absolute most favorite artist in the whole world, Robert Rauschenberg, died on Monday, May 12th. He (along with my mother, Sheila) was the biggest influence, not only on my art, but also in my decision to be an art major and make a life out of creating art. Interesting that now that I've gotten back into the painting and creating (and trying to do less of the computer graphics for fashion), he's gone. Not that it was a surprise, he had a pretty long prolific career, despite a stroke 2 years ago. A very admirable artist indeed.
"I think you’re born an artist or not. I couldn’t have learned it. And I hope I never do because knowing more only encourages your limitations.”- Rauschenberg.

0 comments